For moments of relaxation in a small cocoon, nothing better than a hanging chair. To be gently rocked, under the sun, comfortably installed in its cosy little nest. Rather designed for the outdoors, a hanging chair adds a contemporary and bohemian charm to our gardens and is perfect for a bit of lazing around and relaxation.
Discover our selection of the best egg chairs to enjoy resting time to the rhythm of the pendulum.
🏆 The best Hanging Egg Chair :
What is a hanging egg chair?
Quite simply, it is a chair suspended on a stand or hung from the ceiling, which is therefore high above the floor. The seat takes its name from its egg shape, often made of wicker or woven rattan. Being suspended gives a feeling of lightness, and being gently rocked, like on a hammock or swing. Softer than a deckchair and more comfortable than a garden sofa, you can enjoy time for yourself and the whole family outdoors in a very comfortable hammock. Rather considered as garden furniture, it can however be put indoors and outdoors, you just need to have room in your home, hanging chairs being quite bulky.
How to choose the ideal hanging seat?
The different models of hanging egg chairs are, on the whole, quite similar in their use. Here are the criteria that will help you decide on your ideal egg chair.
- The design: seen as a decorative element in its own right, you will have a choice of colours, materials and shapes to find the best hanging chair for your garden or living room.
- Dimensions: depending on the space you have, you will have to choose a model that will fit, more or less wide and more or less large. Also remember to look at the height of the seat, so that your cocoon suits you, so that you don’t have trouble climbing on it, or sit too low. Some models have an adjustable height, ideal for everyone to enjoy.
- Comfort: one of the most important criteria! The hanging egg chair must be a cosy nest, so it is essential that the small cushions or mattresses sold with it are comfortable.
- Solidity: the egg chair must have a load capacity large enough to carry one or even two people, so that you don’t have any unpleasant surprises when you sit down with your toddler for example.
- Indoor or outdoor: depending on where you want to put it, you will be able to choose in relation to the size, but especially in relation to the materials. Some models are more resistant than others to the weather, so opt for a more solid design if you want to put it outside. Even if the hanging chair is more robust for outdoor use, it is advisable to buy a cover to protect it.
- The type of hanging chair: some models like those in our comparison are standing, more practical to install and move. Other egg chairs can be hung from the ceiling.
- The price: unavoidable, this criterion is very important. It is important to know that these chairs are an investment, with an average price between 200 and 400€ for robust and quality models.
The best hanging chair: our top 4
Uovo Wall Armchair – Alice’s Garden
Retro and design, its dimensions will allow you to put it in your garden as well as in your living room. With a 15 cm thick cushion, you will be installed comfortably and without the risk of tipping over thanks to the round foot that ensures stability. Assembled in 10 minutes, you will be able to sway quietly at 35 cm from the ground for Zen times of rest, reading..
The Alice’s Garden hanging chair in pictures
Freestanding armchair – TecTake
No products found.
Stable and aesthetic with a choice of 3 colours, this hanging egg chair is easy to maintain. Rather wide, it will be more suitable for outdoor use, weather resistant. In spite of its design and charm, this synthetic rattan armchair is a bit expensive in relation to its quality. Indeed, some customer comments talk about lack of finishes, and it is quite common for the base to be damaged, which is a pity for such an investment.
The Tec’Take hanging chair in pictures
Garden swing on suspended legs – JOM
As a hanging chair inside or outside, this pretty cocooning seat made of woven polyresin ensures you comfort and siesta in complete tranquility! Very stable, the seat is deep enough to fit into its cozy nest. The most important thing is the adjustable seat height, so that you can adapt it to the user or to your desires. A very good value for money to bubble for hours.
The JOM hanging chair in pictures
Adjustable hanging chair – Aubry Gaspard
More bulky than the previous models, this one is more of an outdoor hanging chair, with a seat width of more than one meter. With a comfortable seat thanks to its 2 cushions, you can also adjust the height of the basket for more comfort.
The Aubry Gaspard hanging chair in pictures
Where can I find a hanging chair?
If you want to get one of these hanging egg chairs to relax in your garden or living room, you can find them quite easily in decoration, furniture and outdoor furniture stores. For example, you can visit Habitat et Jardin, Gifi, Leroy Merlin, Jardiland, Alinea etc.
You will also be able to find them easily on the Internet, via specialized sites, or resellers such as Amazon or Cdiscount.
Best hanging egg chairs: why trust us?
Thank you for reading this article! Because we know that it is not always easy to make the best choice without trying, each of our recommendations is the result of a long work of analysis of consumer opinions on flagship and little-known products on the market, of comparison of prices and technical characteristics, but also and above all of tests by a team of men and women constantly renewed in order to keep a real objectivity to help you in your purchasing process.
All the purchasing criteria are scrutinized for the realization of our comparative guides: budget, level of range, functional and practical aspects, design, pack and accessories, safety… All this in order to help you choose the products best suited to your needs, desires and constraints on a daily basis, at the best price!